Learn how to select, prepare,and care for cookware, convert historic recipes, determine cooktimes, how to control fire temperatures and adjust for weather and altitude conditions. Classes will cook and eat at the outdoor Wagon Encampment, or under a covered patio in inclement weather.
Each class member receives a book of recipes, and the skills to start on the joy of outdoor living and dining. All supplies and equipment are furnished and included in the price.
- Saturday, May 17: Introduction to Dutch Oven cooking: How to care for your cookware, tips & techniques. Prepare Johnnycakes.
- Saturday, June 21: Soda Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Saturday, July 19: Chicken and Dumplings
- Saturday, August 16: Dutch Oven Sinkers (doughnuts)
- Saturday, September 20: Modern Day Chicken Lemon Soup
Ages 14 & up. Cost: $10.00 per individual session or $40 for 5-class series; includes all supplies.
Optional Cooking Kit: #10 dutch oven & lid, hand-made wooden cutting board and Dutch Oven cookbook: $75 at OR Trail Shop